Medicare Weight Loss
Traditional Medicare is now offering “Intensive Behavioral Therapy” for Medical Weight Loss. Medicare has specific rules to follow per the Intensive Behavioral Therapy protocol.
Rules are listed below:
- Must have a BMI of 30 or greater.
- You are allowed up to 22 visits per calendar year.
- You must lose at least 6.6 pounds during the first 6 months in order for Medicare to cover the next 6 months of Intensive Behavioral Therapy.*
- The visits will have designated time intervals, as listed below:
- In the 1st month, every week
- Next 5 months, every 2 weeks
- Next 6 months, every month
MEDICARE HEALTH INSURANCE HAS AGREED TO COVER THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
Physician Visits: Standard Medicare coverage
*** Medicare will cover 80% of the physician visit. You (the patient) will be responsible for the other 20% which will be due at the time of service, unless you have secondary insurance, in which Dr. Rogers Centers will process billing to the secondary insurance. You will be responsible for your deductible at the time of service.
Nutrition Visits: The initial weight loss nutrition visit cost is $45. Then, follow up visits are a dollar a minute at Dr. Rogers Centers. For example, a 15 minute nutritional visit will cost $15 due at the time of service.
Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Weight Loss: Medicare will pay in full for 22 visits per calendar year if all requirements are met, as stated above.
*** The Intensive Behavioral Therapy will be billed as part of the medical visit.
Medicare will NOT cover the cost of the following services:
- Lipotropic injections
- B-12 injections
- HCG injections
- VO2 Test
- Fitness Assessment
- Personal Training
(*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.)