Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Exchanges: 2 oz protein, 2 non-starchy vegetables, 1/2 carbohydrate
Suitable for: Rapid Results/ Jump Start/ Quick Count
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Bariatric Advantage Protein Powder – Vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 pkt Splenda
- In a blender, combine the spinach and almond milk until well blended.
- Add the protein powder and berries.
- Blend on high until smooth. Serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving size: Entire recipe (15.5 ounces)
Feel free to add ice to the blender if you want a thicker smoothie.
You can use any artificial sweetener. Please keep in mind that if you add honey, agave nectar or sugar, then that will increase the carbohydrate content of your smoothie.
Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff