Southwestern Turkey Soup with Avocado Recipe
Exchanges: 3 vegetables, 3 1/2 oz meat
Suitable for Rapid Results/ Jump Start/ Quick Count Diet
- 3 oz turkey breast
- 3 packets Fulfill Bouillon Chicken Flavored (Dr. Rogers Meal Replacement)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, preferably Hass, without skin and seeds
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or cooking oil\
- Place a medium-sized skillet on stove top and spray with Pam cooking spray. Turn heat to medium-high and place turkey breast on skillet and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Chop turkey breast into small pieces, then sauté with the garlic and onions in order to bring out the flavor.
- In a large pot, bring 18-24 oz of water to a boil. Add packets of chicken bouillon to boiling water and stir thoroughly until fully dissolved.
- Add all of the vegetables, except the avocado, to the sauté pan and sauté the vegetables and turkey in olive oil. Then, add in the rice vinegar and mix together.
- Transfer ingredients from sauté pan to the pot of chicken bouillon. Add in lime juice and cayenne pepper (optional) for flavoring and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Slice avocado into thin slices and place over each bowl and serve.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving size: 1/3 of a recipe (7.1 ounces).
Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff