1 pound asparagus spears, large
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To determine where to cut ends off of the asparagus, take one spear and find the spot from the end where the spear will naturally give a little and snap easily. Cut remaining spears to match that length of spear cut. Trim large asparagus ends if desired. Spread spears on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil over asparagus. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over spears and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, grate parmesan cheese over asparagus. Return to oven for 2-3 additional minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Degree of Difficulty
Oven Temperature: 425℉
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Author: Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (4.9 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.