Quiche Pizza with Turkey Crumbles Recipe
Exchanges: 5 oz meat, 1 vegetable Rapid Results/Jump Start/ Quick Count
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 6 egg whites, lightly beaten or ¾ cup egg substitute
- 2.5 cups fat-free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup non-fat milk
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup turkey sausage (Owens or Jimmy Dean), crumbled
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (low-fat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the low-fat cream cheese and egg whites until smooth. Add the non-fat milk, low-fat sour cream, low-fat parmesan cheese and spices to the mixture.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking sheet with Pam cooking spray. Add 1 ¼ cups of the fat-free mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the baking sheet and pour the egg mixture evenly on top of the cheese. Place baking sheet in 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow to cool. Once the dish has cooled and you are ready to eat, spread the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and layer with the turkey sausage crumbles.
- Place back in oven and bake for about 10 minutes on 375 degrees until the toppings are bubbly and brown. Dish is ready to be served.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (7.3 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Author: Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff
This recipe has been modified to meet the nutritional requirements for Rapid Results/ Quick Count/ Jump Start meal plan.