Healthy Spinach Dip
Exchanges: 1/2 carb , 1/2 oz meat
Rapid Results/ Jump Start/ Quick Count
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- •10 oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained, then squeezed dry by the handful
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, non-fat
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, non-fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, non-fat
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and saute onion with salt, stirring frequently, until it’s nicely browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic right at the end of onion cooking, and saute, stirring, another minute before turning off the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor whirl together the non-fat Greek yogurt, non-fat cottage cheese, and the non-fat mayonnaise until smooth. Add the slightly cooled onion/garlic mixture and spinach, and continue to mix together until nearly smooth.
- Scrape dip into a bowl, stir in water chestnuts and add pepper, lemon juice and a dash of salt for taste.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and serve with raw veggies.
Yield: 4 cups
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1/8 of a recipe (3.6 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff
This recipe has been modified to meet the nutritional requirements for Rapid Results/ Jump Start/ Quick Count meal plan.