Chicken Pasta with Vegetables
Exchanges: 4oz meat, 2 vegetables
Rapid Results/Jump Start/Quick Count
- 2 pkgs Proti- pasta, cooked and drained (Dr. Rogers Meal Supplement)
- 2 packets Fulfill Bouillon Chicken flavored (Dr. Rogers Meal Supplement)
- 6oz chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the two packets of Proti pasta toa medium sized pot of boiling water. Cook for about 16 minutes, or until desired texture is reached. Then, drain the water from the pasta and set aside.
- Next, prepare the bouillon by emptying the contents from both packages into a large pot with 12-16 ounces of boiling water. Add the 6 ounces of shredded chicken to the bouillon, and allow it to cook together in the boiling water. Stir thoroughly until the bouillon is dissolved and the chicken is fully cooked.
- After the chicken has fully cooked and the bouillon has dissolved, bring heat down to a simmer, or low heat, and add in the onion, garlic, red, and green peppers, and the olive oil to the pot and stir. Let ingredients cool before serving.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (5.2 ounces)
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Add in a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
Be sure to bring water down to a simmer before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
Dr. Rogers Weight Loss Centers Staff
This recipe has been modified to meet the nutritional requirements for Rapid Results/Quick Count/Jump Start meal plans.