1⁄2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half garlic
1 clove, minced
3 Tbsp fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1⁄2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
4 4 ounce chicken breasts skinless
4 cups lettuce, shredded, romaine
20 cherry tomatoes halved
- In a large sauce pot, bring one quart of fat free low sodium chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken breasts. Cover and cook for 25 minutes over a simmer, or until fully cooked through. (This will allow chicken to stay moist and not dry out while under the broiler.)
- Remove chicken and pat dry. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper to taste and brush with 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard to coat chicken breasts completely.
- Preheat broiler or to 500 degrees.
- In a broiler pan, at 5-6 inches away from heat source, place chicken under broiler for 3-5 minutes until chicken browns. Remove from heat. Let rest 5 minutes, then slice into strips.
- While chicken is cooking, in a medium sauce pot, bring 1 inch of water to boiling. Add green beans, cover and steam for 4-5 minutes until tender crisp. Drain liquids and set aside.
- To prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, broth, olive oil, the remaining 2 tsp of mustard, vinegar and 1⁄4 tsp pepper, set aside.
- Prepare salad green and add tomatoes to a large bowl and toss with dressing lightly. Divide salad mix evenly among 4 plates.
- Add chicken to salad. Drizzle with remaining salad dressing.
Degree of Difficulty
Degree of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1⁄4 of a recipe (24 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.